Status list webpart continues to load…

Recently I was with a client and encountered some very interesting behaviour on one of their SharePoint 2010 sites.

Lets assume you have a list containing data and a status list which visualizes some of the data of the list in form of an graphical KPI, now you place a status list webpart on one of you pages displaying the information from your status list… everything works just fine. Unfortunately clients don’t call me in to show me how fine things are working…My client wanted to place a second (and even more) status list webparts on the same page and here is what they experienced:

image

The webpart which was placed last on the page will continue to show you the status bar instead of your beloved KPI.

After some investigation I found that my client was running on the December 2011 CU:

image

I reproduced this issue on my local environment after putting the February 2012 CU on the issue was fixed (I put February on on purpose to see how far back this issue has been fixed…)

image

image

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: